A few details
If you have a group of fourteen, great! If you are fewer than fourteen, then you'll meet other delightful and adventurous people like yourself who are curious about the River. During our normal
Summer Operations, the white-water rapids you will raft are considered class 1 (easy) and class 2 (moderate).
River Bug Raft, Helmet, Personal Flotation Device, Swim-fins, Webbed Gloves, One Safety Guide for Every Seven Rafters, Secure Storage for Personal Items
Bike or Carriage Ride from Bissell Park to Confederation Park. Wet-Suit Rentals, Go Pro Rentals, Mid-trip Snack.
Must be a minimum of 4 ft in height and over 10 years old, able to swim and in good health.
Items to Bring:
photo identification, signed waiver, emergency contact information, sneakers, sun-glasses, change of clothes
- Please read our
Terms & Conditions
, which are required pre-trip reading. By booking with us, you agree to our terms and conditions.
- Begin your adventure at Bissell Park in Elora where you will register and be fitted for equipment.
- After travelling to Confederation Park in Fergus with us, you will receive both an on-land safety briefing and an on-water rafting orientation with our experienced guides.
- Once your rafting orientation is over, 1 guide for every 7 adventurers will join you on the tour which starts on the Grand River beside the historically significant Grist Mill located at the foot
of 12 foot Scotland Street dam in Fergus.
- The River-Bug White Water Adventure Ride then runs over 9 initial mini rapids in Fergus where you get to practise captaining your own inflatable cata-raft.
- You then descend over five mini water falls in downtown Fergus or you may choose the option to portage around them.
- Once you have shot the Little Falls you pass under a pedestrian bridge and navigate around the Templin Gardens.
- On the remainder of the trip which consists of 33 sets of rapids, you float past 7 islands, a dozen modern cliffside homes and 2 ruins; you pass under three bridges - including a rails-to-trail
bridge that is 100 feet high - and journey past the Elora Quarry.
- Your RiverBug Adventure Ride finally finishes at Bissell Park, home to the Kitchen In the Park Project & the RiverBug Adventure Ride base of operations.